Miami Neograft® hair transplant recovery
Learning about post op instructions can be very beneficial during Miami NeoGraft hair transplant recovery. Although Miami NeoGraft hair transplant recovery for this procedure is not that bad there are some things you should keep in mind in order to reduce the risk of damage to the newly implanted follicles. Your clinic should go over your NeoGraft post op instructions immediately after your surgery. Hair restoration is a delicate procedure yet with good Neograft post op instructions your Miami NeoGraft hair transplant recovery should be pleasant.
Hair transplant recovery timeline
After surgery the wounds on the scalp are generally healed in about 3-4 days after surgery. Hair follicles are safely incorporated beneath the scalp.
There is low risk of infection at this point and pain is not really a problem. It’ll take about 7 to 10 days for the signs that you had surgery to disappear. Some of the most visible signs of the procedure are scabs from where the grafts were placed and also the donor sites on the back of the head. The scabs take around 7-10 days to fall out. You should allow them to fall out on their own in order for the grafts not to be dislodged. In general, by 9 months people should notice the new hair growing. Unless you don’t mind curious people it’s safe to return to work 2-3 days after surgery. This should be a happy decision you made for which you will see amazing results in only 9 months.
FUE hair transplant risks with Neograft®
Although this is a minimally-invasive procedure, there are always risks involved. Regardless of the FUE procedure employed, whether with the NeoGraft® or ARTAS hair restoration system, there are some essential risks to performing this surgery. The FUE procedure leaves hundreds/thousands of small incisions. In other words, the skin is breached hundreds or thousands of times, which can lead to possible minor complications:
- Post-op swelling and bruising.
- Head and scalp infection.
- Harvesting too much the donor area.
- Permanent numbness: This is not common in good surgical centers but it’s possible if people with no experience perform this procedure.
- Shock loss is not that common either but it can happen in centers that aren’t that careful.
- Hypertrophic and keloid scarring on both recipient and donor area.
- Reactions to the anesthetic used. Your current physician should check the medications you are taking.
- There may be other minor complications your surgeon will talk about with you before surgery
Automated FUE hair transplant: Neograft® post op instructions
- The recipient area requires daily washing with ph balanced shampoo Sebamed 5.5. Wash thoroughly rubbing and massaging your scalp with the pads of your fingers.
- Rinse with warm water without applying pressure.
- Towel dry tapping gently the area avoiding causing damage to the implantation area.
- Avoid scratching your head and removing scalp scabs.
- Avoid direct shower pressure.
- Massaging can be applied harder by the 5th day. The scabs should be gone by the 12th day.
- Place your head 45° angle to the bed and use as many pillows as you need for support. This will help with swelling.
- You should avoid exercise for the first 15 days, specially lifting heavy objects.
- No smoking or alcohol for the first 3 days after the procedure. It might lessen the growth of transplanted hair.
- Avoid swimming pool, Jacuzzi, etc. for 2 months.
Neograft before and after
In order to prepare for Neo-Graft you should follow your physician’s recommendation and specific guidelines. Your physician will review the medications you are currently taking, especially medications causing thinning of the blood. Some general guidelines will include discontinuing smoking, washing your hair with regular shampoo the day before surgery, and it’s also advisable for someone to drive you home after surgery as well as wearing a button down shirt that you can easily take off and put back on, when needed.
Hair loss may not stop after transplantation. In other words, you may need further hair restoration sessions, especially if the balding area persists with age. If you desire more hair density, or keep on losing hair, more transplants will be required.
Eres Plastic Surgery makes sure your post-op recovery is pleasant. Our surgeons have years of experience and specialize in the field of plastic surgery.