Breast Augmentation Armpits Miami
Breast augmentation surgery, also known as augmentation mammoplasty is a surgical procedure used to improve the size and shape of the breasts using implants, for either cosmetic or medical reasons. Eres Plastic Surgery Miami has a team of surgeons who uphold the highest standards of practice. Among them we have Dr. Jonathan Fisher, double Board certified in maxillofacial surgery and plastic surgery breast augmentation specialist.
Dr. Fisher at Eres Plastic Surgery has performed one of the most popular surgical procedures for women all over the United States, breast augmentation surgery. He has worked with hundreds of patients who choose this type of surgery using the transaxillary method. For patients who wish to avoid scars completely, Dr. Fisher recommends choosing underarm incisions.
Transaxillary breast augmentation involves an incision in the armpit. From this incision, the implants can be fed into the breast area. This technique produces a breast augmentation without scarring. However, it does require some adjustments. Also, there are other ways to non-surgical breast augmentation which you need discuss with your doctor prior to surgery.
How the Axillary surgery works.
On the day of the operation, the doctor will give the patient a mild sedative. Once the patient is relaxed, attendees will take the patient to the operating room. At the beginning of the operation, the surgeon makes a small incision in the back of the axillary dome to begin the process of breast augmentation, and then hits a vertical access tunnel which perpendicularly crosses all nerve fibers. By placing the implants under the muscle, the doctor then examines the pectoral muscles to accommodate the breast. In some cases, puts on the muscles. In both cases, the doctor then manually places the implants in their respective locations. Since the surgery does not take a long time, about a one hour, local anesthesia with sedation is generally used. The patient can go home a few hours after surgery. Ask a friend to drive you home, as anesthesia can leave you a bit groggy.
Advantages of Armpit Breast Augmentation Surgery Miami
- No scars are near the breast. The scar is well hidden. You can see the scar only if the woman raises her arms.
- It’s a much faster and natural healing process.
- There is no bleeding complications.
- There is no size limit for the implants. They can be easily exchanged, extended or removed.
- Suffer less pain after the operation.
- Do not require any special support.
- You can go to the beach and no one will notice that you recently made a Transaxillary surgery with Dr. Fisher at Eres Plastic Surgery.
- The patient can shower and resume most normal activities the day after surgery.
- Capsular contractures can vary between 1% to 2 %.
- The underarm has good skin which facilitates a more pleasing scar.
- After your breast augmentation surgery at Eres Plastic Surgery there is very low risk of scarring complications.
- There is no scaring in the breast.
- No anatomical limitation.
- Suitable for some specific cases.
- Allows women to continue breast feeding and their regular activities.
Preparation for Transaxillary Breast Augmentation
- Dr. Fisher recommends that patients are psychologically prepared for change before undergoing breast augmentation surgery.
- You need to have a realistic expectation of the final results.
- Need to make medical and laboratory screening before undergoing transaxillary breast augmentation surgery.
- You should talk to Dr. Fisher about the breast size you feel comfortable with before surgery.
- To prevent infection, flush skin and hair with antibacterial liquid soap.
- You must stop taking aspirin or other anti -inflammatory drugs, for at least two weeks before going into surgery. Have your doctor give you a list of all medications to avoid before surgery.
- Patients should stop smoking for at least two weeks before surgery. Cigars can produce a delay in healing.
- Patients who have high blood pressure problems, diabetes or heart problems should avoid this type of surgery. Once your health is restored, your breast augmentation armpit procedure can be performed.
- Do not take aspirin or other medications containing salicylates for two weeks before and after armpit surgery.
Breast Augmentation Armpits Miami Recovery and Risks
- The recovery period varies from 1 to 2 weeks. After the first two days, the patient can resume normal activities.
- The patient should avoid putting pressure on the breasts.
- The stitches under the arms are removed two weeks after breast augmentation surgery.
- During those two weeks, the patient should attend regular checkups. It has been reported that after six days some patients can experience severe pain. Patients should receive analgesics before breast augmentation armpit surgery.
- At home, you can resume your daily routine and return to work after the first week. Have a friend checking up on you from time to time. While recovering, you should eat a healthy diet and avoid smoking.
- Dr. Fisher recommends a postoperative massage to help speed up recovery and eliminate bruising
- Avoid heavy lifting or raising your arms as much as you can 7 to 15 days after the operation. Armpits Breast implants are generally resistant to minor trauma. At least during the first month after the operation, patients should not sleep with their face down.
- There may be risks of loss of sensation in the nipple and areola. Sensory nerves of the breast are the dorsal anterior branches known as intercostal nerves that travel the space between the ribs to emerge at the level of the serratus muscle, and penetrating the breast from the outside. Dr. Fisher explains that this situation makes it likely that surgeons who are not experienced in this procedure may damage or cut these sensory nerves.
- There may be a risk that the implant is slightly higher than desired due to the distance between the axillary incision and breast.
- As with any surgery there is a moderate risk of infection in the incision if the patient doesn’t follow all directions on Dr. Fisher.
Breast Augmentation Cost in Miami
The axillary breast augmentation surgery costs can vary depending on the size and type of breast implant. Saline implants can cost up to $ 4,700. Silicone implants can be around $ 5,700. In general, prices can range from 4,000 to $ 7,000.
Insurance coverage for a Transaxillary Breast Augmentation
Insurance does not cover axillary breast augmentation surgery because these are performed for cosmetic reasons. When a breast reduction is done, liposuction is covered by your insurance specially in cases where a morbidly obese patient is suffering from diabetes.